Aug 7, 2013

Live and Let Live? A Beer Czar Rant....

Live and let live? Doesn't anyone still "live" this way anyway? It appears that less and less of us are doing so these days.
Case in point, I recently did a post on here "Friends and Fans Summer Beer Pic's" This was a very popular
The offending photos, is it really "offensive"? I don't think so
 piece, that it seems 99% of my readers enjoyed, and shared with their friends (and for that, I thank you very much!). However, I did receive a little feedback about the post that was not favorable. What was the problem? Well, it seems there was just a little too much skin on display in this post, as well as portraying beer as "low class" and "fratboy-ish". A down shirt sort of "cleavage and beer" shot, and a shot of a young lady enjoying a beer and the sun on a topless beach somewhere in Mexico, were among a few of the offending photos. Nether of these pic's were anything you wouldn't see in a PG or PG 13 rated movie, yet a few people felt they were "offensive" enough to
warrant the time to sit, and let me know how they felt. They felt this was "off topic" had nothing to do with beer, they felt I was using boobs as a cheap way to gain hits to my blog (I wasn't, but its not a bad idea....). They felt I was being lazy, and immature. One of the respondents even went so far as asking me how I would feel if my 12 year old son saw what I posted? (for one, I don't have a 12 year old son, I do have a 12 year old daughter however, and my first question to her would be "what the heck are you doing surfing beer sites at 12 anyway?) Trust me, if your 12 year old boy wants to see boobs on the internet, and he is looking at my blog, he's an idiot. There are far better places to see them then on this site, trust me, just Google image search for "boobs" and see what happens.

My question, when did people become so thin skinned? Why do we take offense to everything? Even if we do see something offensive, why do we feel the need to address it with that person? I love beer, I find nothing offensive about it. Yet, I've worn my "Respect Beer" t shirt in public, and more then once, have had people snicker at it, or even make a comment about how beer is destructive, should be more sensitive. To whom? For what? You don't like it, I do, but I have to alter the way I live, because you are too weak to handle my lifestyle choice? What a wimp.
Why does the "offended" seem to have all the power these days anyway? Why is the "offender" automatically the guilty party? Just because you are offended, doesn't mean you right. Nor does it grant you any right over anyone else to even suggest that the person you find offensive act or do anything any differently, simply because you are offended by what they do, or say, or wear.



Is this offensive? Some say yes.
Like my favorite Stephen Fry quote "so, your offended, so fucking what? (the entire quote is "“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”). Your offended by something I find entertaining and unoffensive, so what? I don't care, I don't apologize for it. If you are offended by this blog, that is fine, please don't read it. It really is that easy, but please, if you do read it, and are offended by something, don't bother taking the time to write me, to tell me that you were offended, I don't really care. I am not a jerk, I just don't concern myself with people that take issue with the way I choose to live my life, plain and simple. Don't ask me to change what I do if you don't like it, I don't ask you of anything.

So, if the site of beer, or a bare breast, or a few certain swear words offends you, please don't come to this site, and a word of advice, you should probably just stay off the internet entirely. Oh, and you probably shouldn't watch anything on TV either.
To my loyal fans and readers, I thank you for your support, and your open mindedness, and tolerance. This makes me really thinking I should do that "beer and boobs" photo piece now I've always teased about, what do you think, would that be insensitive? Yeah, I didn't think so, so send me your beer and boobs photos!!!

Remember folks, its just beer....
Beer should be fun, lets make sure we keep it that way

Until next time
Bottoms up my friends...

The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment