|The lovely and talented Beeroness|
This time, I found an amazing pulled pork slider recipe! Pulled Pork, that is beer braised, served with Chipotle Beer Cheese Sauce.....seriously, check this out! AMAZING, another hat time to The Beeroness, she continues to amaze me!
Beer Braised Pulled Pork Sliders with Chipotle Beer Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 4 lb Pork butt (also called pork shoulder)
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups (2, 12ounce bottles) stout or smoked porter
- 24 slider buns
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup beer (wheat beer, blonde ale, pale ale, pilsner)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, do not use pre shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pork:
For the cheese sauce:
- In a small bowl stir together the salt, brown sugar onion powder, chili powder, cumin, pepper, smoked paprika and mustard powder together until combined, set aside.
- Take out your pork and stab 6, 2-inch deep holes fairly evenly spaced through the meat. Push a clove of garlic into each hole until no longer visible.
- Rub the entire surface of the meat with the spice mixture, using it all.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil until very hot. Sear all surfaces of the meat, even the sides, until browned. The entire process will probably take about 10-15 minutes. Pour the beer over the meat, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 3 hours, turning the meat over about every 30 minutes, until the meat is tender and falling apart.
- Once the meat is tender remove from heat, use two forks to shred into pieces while still in the pot (or remove, shred and return to pot). Return to the pot to heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pot and discard the liquid.
- Add all cheese sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor. Process on high until very well blended, about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer contents to a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk rapidly and continuously until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill slider buns with pork, top with cheese sauce, serve warm
OK, so, there you have! Try this amazing recipe, and look for more from this amazing chef at her site, The Beeroness, its impressive! Check out her notes and entire right up for this recipe here....
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends!
The Beer Czar