Sep 20, 2012

Brewing at the White House


I am a huge fan of Government and History. In particular, I find the logistic's of the President to be fascinating. I love watching Nat Geo specials on Air Force One, or the Secret Service. Whenever the POTUS is in town, I love catching a glimpse of the majestic Air Force One taking off, or landing, or even just sitting on the tarmac. However, this is a fun, beer blog site, and I try to keep politics out of it. Well, now that they are brewing beer in the White House, well then, it becomes harder to ignore. I will say this, and I make no apologies for the fact, I am not a big fan of our current President, politically anyway. That being said, I don't dislike him, and he does seem like a decant, good man, and one that is very high on my list of people I would love to sit down, and have a beer with. After all, I sort of have President Obama to thank for the name of my blog site. When he was elected, the right was getting all in a tiff about the Pres. naming "czars" to just about everything, to over see whatever particular aspect of whatever it was they were being tapped to oversee. We have a Drug Czar, Pay Czar,  Border Czar, and even a California Water Czar (really, that's real!) so I figure, I will be his self appointed "Beer Czar". So, I guess, thank you Mr. President!

Its impossible not to be impressed by this plane!

OK, why did I bring all this up? There has been a lot of talk lately about the President, and his "home brewing". They recently released the recipe (find it here) for his beers (there are 3), and I just stumbled upon this little video about them making the Presidential brew, and wanted to share it with you. Check it out....



Pretty cool. I have read a few reviews of the recipe of the beer, and they are mixed. No one has said it seems like an amazing beer (with the exception of the folks at MSNBC, that I am sure will think its the greatest beer in the world). Most people seem to think its a sort of boring, light, maybe a little flavorful beer, that no one will hate, but most won't find particularly exciting either (sounds more like a Mitt Romney sort of beer when you say it like that).



Let me just clear up a few things for people that seem to assume one of two things as a result of this beer.
1. No, I don't love the President now just because he brews beer in the White House (as you can see from the video, he doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with the brewing of the beer in the first place)
2. No, I don't assume I will hate the beer because I am not a fan of the President. I will say, the Honey Ale, doesn't excite me, because frankly, I've never had one that has yet. I would love to try the Honey Porter however, since Porters are one of my favorite styles, and I have never had one with honey added.


OK, so there, that is about as much politics as you will (hopefully) ever see on this site! If I offended anyone with my opinions about the President, that is your problem, not mine, I suggest you take yourself a little less seriously in the future. For those of you still reading, thanks for hanging in there, hope you enjoyed it.

So lets all hum "Hail to the Chief" as we raise our glasses tonight!
Bottoms Up my friends, and to you, Mr President!
The Beer Czar



No comments:

Post a Comment