Sep 25, 2012

James Bond giving up the Martini??

Bond, James Bond
So, there is a new James Bond movie coming out this winter. This movie however, is just slightly different then Bond movies of the passed for one small, but very noticeable shift in Bonds character, and one that is likely to put the Bond purists panties in a twist. Bond will no longer be asking for his martini, and characteristic "shaken, not stirred" and instead will be reaching for a nice, cold beer! Is this a step in the right direction for the "beer community" or is it just a case of Cooperate big wigs selling out in a greedy effort to milk as much cash out of their movie. Given the fact that its a Heineken that Bond will be drinking, makes me feel its really more the later. Heineken, reportedly paid millions for the chance to put one of their green bottles in the hands of the worlds most popular (and awesome, I might add) super agent. I couldn't find an exact number of how much they paid.

"Shaken, not stirred"
Like a mentioned above, Bond purists and even and ex Bond himself have expressed "outrage", and displeasure with this. BTW, the ex Bond? No, not Pierce, not Rodger, not Sean, and no, not even Dalton, it was George Lazenby, who played Bond I believe for just one movie (in "Her Majesty's Secret Service"). So, I guess its not that big a deal, I mean, pissing off attendees of a Bond convention is probably not that dangerous, but still, this was beer related, so I wanted to mention it.
I at least hope 007 pours it into a glass before he drinks it. I mean, seeing James Bond drinking a beer, right out of a green bottle seems far to unrefined for someone of Bonds reputation.

To sort of commemorate the occasion, Heineken will be releasing a series of "Bond themed" commercials featuring 007 himself, Mr Danial Craig. They just released the first one...check it out.


I really like James Bond movies, so I'll be sure to check it out. "Skyfall", the 23rd Bond movie, Daniel Craigs third go as 007, is due out Nov 9th.

See you at the movies!

Bottoms up my friends
The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment