Here is how you make it.....
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup Guinness
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices rye, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded, room temperature
- 2 ounces cooked corned beef, sliced or shredded, warm
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup Guinness , cover and simmer until the liquid has mostly evaporated, about 15 minutes and repeat three more times.
- Remove from heat and mix in the Worcestershire sauce and grainy mustard.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese on the inside of one slice of bread, top with half of the onions, the corned beef, the remaining onions, cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Add the sandwich to the pan and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Oh, and if you want to make your own Corned Beef, let my older brother show you how, when he appeared on an episode of local Maine TV show "207", check it out here.......
Seems easy enough for me!!!
What are your plans this St Patrick's Day? Share them with me if you'd like, and if you have a favorite Irish recipe, please, by all means, share it with me, and I just might pass it along!
So, until next time
The Beer Czar