Jul 14, 2013

A good time for a great cause...

Just wanted to take a little time, and thank everyone that took part in, showed up at, and gave at the "Guns and Hoses Charity Hockey Game" yesterday at Polar Ice in Gilbert. The game, between local Police, and Firemen was held to raise money for the 100 Club of Arizona, and organization that raises money and support for the families of fallen and injured Fire fighters. A great cause that has recently been thrust into the spot light as a result of the tragic events that took place recently on Yarnell Hill.
The event, that not only consisted of a hockey game.

Basket full of beer!
There was also a gift basket raffle, that by the time the event started consisted of around 25 gift baskets, containing everything from a Samsung Galaxy Note tab, brand new high end gas grill, wine, D-backs tickets, and even a basket full of local beer (I donate the basket, with the help of a few local breweries and businesses, I will get to that in a minute). There was also a table set for the 100 Club, and a fire truck parked out front for the kids to climb around on.




All in all, it was a great event, and really fun time. The raffle raised about $3000 (my Beer Czar basket got
about 210 ticket, at $2 a piece, that means my basket alone raised about $420!!!). Total, the event raised about $8,500 to the 100 Club! From loose change in the bottoms of peoples pockets, to a check for $214 donated by a couple of young ladies that held a car wash that morning to raise funds, every bit of the money raised goes directly to the 100 Club, and victims families, so for that, I say thanks, and I am pretty sure I can speak for all involved, when I say your time, and generosity are not only appreciates, but needed, and for that, we offer up our heart felt thanks!
In particular, I would like to thank a few local companies that contributed to the beer basket I donated. San Tan Brewing Co. of Chandler, for their donation of a verity six pack (including 2 cans of Mr Pineapple!!!). Sleepy Dog Pub and Bistro in Gilbert, for their contribution of a couple of t-shirts, and some stickers. The fine folks at Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co. for the addition of a couple of patches, a couple of their popular stickers, and even an AWB growler!! Last but most certainly not least, I want to thank Jon "Hoppymoto" of Arizona Brewery Tours, for the addition of a couple of t-shirts, and two pint glasses.
Congrats Lisa!!!
And I would be remiss if I failed to congratulate Lisa, for winning the basket, I hope you enjoy it!!!

Thanks again everyone, it was a great time, for a great cause!

For a complete look at all the photos, you can go to the Beer Czar Facebook page here.....

To read more about what the Arizona Beer Community is going to help the families of the fallen, read about Heros 19 here.....


Until next time
Bottoms up my friends!

The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment