Sep 5, 2013

Win an 8 day rafting trip through the Grand Canyon! Also, is it too early for pumpkin beer?? NO!

Grand Canyon brewing is doing it again, giving away a rafting trip down the might Colorado River, through the majestic Grand Canyon. Along with Grand Canyon Expeditions, Grand Canyon Brewing is going to offer 28 VERY lucky winners a trip of a lift time. 8 days, through 277 miles of some of the most amazing scenery mother earth has to offer! Its free to enter, and its so easy to do so, what do you need to do?


Fill out entry form at www.freerivertrip.com
Text “Rivertrip” to 82257
Fill out tear pad entry form at participating retail locations
Scan QR code on coasters at participating locations
Contest open September 1, 2013-July 1, 2014.

So, get your beer drinking/thrill seekin self to enter this contest. Seriously, this is a once in a life time trip, and costs nothing to enter. You have till July 1, 2014 to complete your entries
You can read all the details in the press release here....



Pumpkin Springs, Grand Canyon
One more tid bit from Grand Canyon Brewing, now available at fine beer retailers here in Arizona, and I am assuming Vegas  is their Pumpkin Springs Porter. Named after am amazing geologic feature located within the Grand Canyon, "Pumpkin Springs is a huge pumpkin shaped pond along the Colorado River, overflowing with merky hot springs water stained orange from trace minerals and arsenic".



I really like this pumpkin beer. I am not a fan of
the overly sweet pumpkin beers. Pumpkin beers can be broken up into two categories for me. Beers that taste like they have a ton of pumpkin pie filling in them, and those that taste like actual pumpkin. I am a fan of the latter. I don't really like the overly sweet pumpkin beers, I like them more understated and subtle  This was is somewhat sweet, but not overly so. Its smooth, and easy drinking. Aside from the pumpkin flavors, there is a caramel sweetness, and some fall spiciness that I just love in pumpkin beers. Although it was 110 the day I drank this beer, it made me anxious for cooler weather and family gathered around a table full of far more food then we could ever eat! Do yourself a favor, go grad a bottle or two of this fine, fall brew. Its never too early to enjoy a bit of autumn!

Until next time
Bottoms up my friends

The Beer Czar


1 comment:

  1. It wasn't as thick as I expected it to be.
    I recommend this pumpkin beer.
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/epic--dc-brau-fermentation-without-representation/158067/

    ReplyDelete