Aug 25, 2012

No Surprise, Craft Beer is Growing!

The other day, I was looking at the number of breweries and beer bars that either have opened, or are about to open here in Arizona, and I was slightly amazed. I am always hearing or reading about the growing popularity of craft beer in America, but until you actually see the evidence of it first hand, I guess it doesn't really hit you.

Then I saw this little piece on Beer Street Journal. According to the Brewers Association, the number of breweries nationwide if growing, rapidly. According to them;

The number of breweries operating in the US is now at 2142, up from 2126 from just June! Up 16 more in less then 2 months!

The number of breweries planned in the US is currently at 1303! Up from 1252 from just June! That is 51 more in less then 2 months!

So who knows, at this time next year, the number of breweries in the States should be well over 3000!!! That is good news for everyone!!!

Cheers my friends!
The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment