Nov 8, 2011

Arizona's Growing Craft Beer Scene...

This past Thursday, (Nov. 3rd) was the first annual International Stout Day. One of the local establishments I have written about recently, "The Watering Hole", at Whole Foods, was very involved. They had an amazing line up of stouts to offer, and they were promoting it heavily on various social networks. Sadly, due to last minute babysitter complications, I was unable to attend, but I did know a few that did, and from what I heard, not only was the line up of stouts amazing, but the turn was amazing as well. Proof of this? A beer blog "Untapped" tracked "check in's" around the country, and I am happy to report, "The Water Hole" ranked 3rd in the country for total check ins. Also, coming in 5th was Trophy's Steakhouse in Queen Creek, AZ. Oddly, I live right in between both these places! Location, Location, Location! (Trophy's is less than 2 miles from my house!). I just wanted to take a moment and say congrats to James Swann and the crew at Whole Foods for what I hear was a fabulous event, and thanks for being such an advocate for the growing Arizona Beer scene!!!

List of top 5 check ins
1. Lizardville - Bedford, OH
2. The Flying Saucer - Kansas City, MO
3. "The Watering Hole" - Chandler, AZ
4. "The Flying Saucer" - Austin, TX
5. Trophy's Steakhouse - Queen Creek, AZ


No comments:

Post a Comment