Sep 25, 2009

When to drink this.....???

I grew up in a small town in western Maine. Since moving out of this small town, one of the top rated beer bars in the country has moved in (the top rated beer bar according to Beeradvocate.com a few years back). Ebenezer's Pub is a small bar in Lovell, Maine. The have what is probably the best selection of Belgian Beers that can be found on this side of the Atlantic. Over 35 taps, and over 700 bottles to choose from.
They have a beer brewed especially for them, called Black Albert, brewed by De Struise Brouwers (rumor has it this beer will no longer be brewed?!).
My dad was recently back visiting Lovell with my brothers. He was kind enough to pick me up a bottle of Black Albert ($16 for a 12oz bottle). This beer is almost impossiable to get your hands on here in Arizona, and if they are going to stop making it, I am left with a delemia? When should I drink this beer???
I think it will be sometime soon, but want to wait for the best time. I will be reporting back when I do, to let you know how good the beer was.

No comments:

Post a Comment