Now, when it comes to desserts, few flavor combinations excite me more then peanut butter and chocolate, so, when I saw this super easy, simple (just 3 ingredients!) and delicious recipe, I had to post it. That's right, peanut butter cups, with beer! Check this out....
Oh and if you get a moment, check out her entire write up on this recipe, its actually quite funny. Check it out here.....
Chocolate Stout Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 wt oz (about 1 ½ cups) dark chocolate (60% cocoa content)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup stout or porter (espresso or smoked work best)
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin papers.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of chocolate to the muffin papers (about 1/3 full). Use the back of a spoon to “paint” the sides of the mini muffin papers, making sure to cover the entire paper.
- Chill until the chocolate has set, about ten minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter and stout until well combined.
- Fill the chocolate cups with peanut butter mixture until just below the top.
- Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the top of the peanut butter, making sure to cover
- Chill until set, about ten minutes.
Doesn't get much easier, or tastier then that!!! I know what I'm making this weekend!
By the way, if you have a favorite beer recipe, and would like to share it, by all means pass it along to me. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends
The Beer Czar