Feb 5, 2015

Cooking with Beer: Chocolate Stout Peanut Butter Cups

I try to post beer recipes on here frequently. Every time I go searching for a new, exciting recipe, I almost ALWAY find myself landing on one site, and you've heard me talk about her over and over, but The Beeroness has, what I consider hands down, the best cooking with beer site on the web. I've spent hours surfing her site, looking at everything from appetizers, and finger food, to main coarse, to, desserts! Please check it out when you have a moment.

Now, when it comes to desserts, few flavor combinations excite me more then peanut butter and chocolate, so, when I saw this super easy, simple (just 3 ingredients!) and delicious recipe, I had to post it. That's right, peanut butter cups, with beer! Check this out....

Oh and if you get a moment, check out her entire write up on this recipe, its actually quite funny. Check it out here.....



Chocolate Stout Peanut Butter Cups


Ingredients
  • 8 wt oz (about 1 ½ cups) dark chocolate (60% cocoa content)
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup stout or porter (espresso or smoked work best)
 
Directions
  • Add the chocolate to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
  • Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin papers.
  • Add about 2 teaspoons of chocolate to the muffin papers (about 1/3 full). Use the back of a spoon to “paint” the sides of the mini muffin papers, making sure to cover the entire paper.
  • Chill until the chocolate has set, about ten minutes.
  • In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter and stout until well combined.
  • Fill the chocolate cups with peanut butter mixture until just below the top.
  • Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the top of the peanut butter, making sure to cover
    the entire mound of peanut butter, smoothing to make a flat top.
  • Chill until set, about ten minutes.
 
Doesn't get much easier, or tastier then that!!! I know what I'm making this weekend!
 
By the way, if you have a favorite beer recipe, and would like to share it, by all means pass it along to me. You can email me at thebeerczar@gmail.com
 
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends
 
The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment