|The Beeroness (she's cute too!)|
Beer, bacon and mac and cheese, 3 of my favorite things!! Its not only a delicious recipe, its SUPER easy. If you can bowl water and cook bacon, you can handle this one!
Check it out!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 strips of bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup beer (pale ale, blonde, bock, and Hef work well, an IPA will give you a very strong beer flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (fresh grated, pre-shreaded has additives that prevents it from melting properly)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the noodles and cook until just before done. Don't over-cook the noodles or this will end up mushy.
- Drain the pasta, return the pot to the stove and cook the bacon until crispy, remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Drain off bacon grease and return drained noodles to the pot.
- In a separate bowl, add the beer, egg and sour cream, beat until well combined.
- Add the butter and the beer mixture to the noodles and return to medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted.
- About 1/4 a cup at a time, add the cheese. Stir until cheese has melted before adding more.
- Add the spices and chopped bacon, stir.
Makes 4 entre sized portions.
For her entire article with this recipe, you can click here....
OK, it doesn't get much easier, or better then that now does it. Give it a shot and let me know what you thought of it!
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends!
The Beer Czar