|Love this stuff!|
Today's recipe, Gorgonzola IPA Crackers! What caught my eye, on the website, they used Four Peaks Hop Knot! One of my favorites, and a great local IPA. These crackers are described as sort of high end, homemade Cheez-its, which, to me, sounds almost like heaven! "They were crunchy, salty, tangy, cheesy, and Oh so satisfying" Sounds awesome! Check it out.....
|Like Homemade Cheez-its, with beer? Um, yes please!|
Gorgonzola IPA Crackers
1 cup AP Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
4 tablespoons of cold butter cut into small cubes
1/4 cup of beer
1. In a food processor pulse together the flour, salt, cheese, and butter. Add the beer until the mixture comes together into a ball.
2. Put the mixture in some plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using the wonderful trick of rolling out dough between two sheets of plastic wrap, roll out your dough to about a 1/4 inch thick.
4. Using a pizza cutter or a pasta wheel cutter cut your cracker shapes. Put onto a silpat or parchment paper and then stab with a fork to create air holes. Add salt or any other topping to your desire. I also put the crackers in the oven for about 10-15 minutes before baking them so they kept the shape better.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. I rotated them halfway through and waited to take them out until I could see a little browning on the crackers.
6. Allow to cool completely.
Give this is a try, I might make some of these for a beer tasting we are going to this weekend (more on that later!)
If you want the full recipe and right up from "Baking with Beer", you can check it out here....
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends
The Beer Czar