Aug 26, 2011

More Quotes....

I got a very positive response from my last "Beer Quotes" post, so I thought I would add a few more for you all to enjoy.........

“God, I’d give anything for a drink. I’d give my god-damned soul for just a glass of beer.” – Jack Torrance, The Shining



“This is grain… which any fool can eat. But for which the Lord intended, a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about….. beer.” – Friar Tuck, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves



“I drink to make other people interesting.” – George Jean Nathan



“Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.” – Al Bundy, Married with Children



“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.” – Jack Handy, Saturday Night Live



“I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Berry



"The sum of the matter is, the people drink because they wish to drink."-Rudolph Brand




"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."

-Winston Churchill



"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

-For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemmingway




"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln



"Whoever serves beer or wine watered down, he himself deserves in them to drown."

-Medieval plea for pure libations

No comments:

Post a Comment