Jan 24, 2014

S.L.I.F Vol. IX!



Well, what do you know, it appears to be Friday already, and while I normally only do SLIF every other Friday, however I had some stuff to share with you this week, so well, here you have, this weeks edition of SLIF!


The 5 Best Beers in the World....
I've said for a long time now "the greatest beer in the world, is the one in your hand". Well, this article takes that to the next level, and I love it! Great read, and I agree. While you are chasing down a whale, I'm enjoying a beer!!! Take a look at the article right here.....






12 Historic Bars every Book Nerd Needs to Visit...
My friend Brad and I at the bar at Big Nose Kate's
Now, many of you that know me, know I am a huge history buff, well, I am also a fan of beer, so when I see an article like this, I must read it! 12 historic bars with famous, historic former (and some current) cliental. Check out the write up in Buzz Feed here....

On a side note, if you are looking for a historic bar to have a beer at here in Arizona. You should head to Tombstone, and grab a beer at Big Nose Kate's. BNK's use to be The Grand Hotel, where the Earp's first stayed upon getting into town, and where they would frequent once they established themselves there. It is one of only 2 bar tops to survive the fire of 1882 (the other is at the Bird Cage Theater). So sit at the bar, and drink at the very same bar Doc Holliday, the Earp Brothers, Clanton's and many others sat at, its a great feeling.



Beer Flavored Jelly Beans...
In today's news of the wonderful, Jelly Belly has released "Draft Beer Flavored" jelly beans! Fashioned after a hefeweizen style beer, this is something every beer lover needs to at least try, and if they are good, have on hand at all times! Check it out here....







Friends and Fan Photos...
There is still time to get us your "Winter Beer Photos". We will be posting the friends and fans pic's next week at some point, so you have the weekend to get them to us! Click the link here to find out how to get us your photos......and to see the few rules we have....









Now, on the lighter side.....
I've been seeing a lot of "chatter" lately about folks remaking Patrick Swayze classics. It was bad enough that they did Red Dawn, but now there is talk of remaking "Roadhouse", which, to me, might be the greatest Swayze flick ever. Just to remind us all why you should leave Swayze to Swayze, lets all look back, and remember just how cool this dude was, in this PBR commercial from 1979... enjoy!

OK, you can remake "Ghost", but that's it!!




There you have this weeks edition of SLIF! Grab a beer, and kick off the weekend as soon as you can!

Until next time
Bottoms up my friends!

The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment