May 20, 2014

Ameri-CAN Canned Beer Festival 2014, is in the books!

This past weekend, marked the 4th Annual Ameri-can Canned Beer Festival, held in Scottsdale. This
year, some 80 breweries were pouring 250 different beers. This year, it was a hot one, but that didn't seem to dampen the spirits of any of the festival attendees.
 
As is always the case, this event was just awesome! This remains my favorite beer festival in Arizona. I've said it before, but I will say it again, this festival has everything that I love about beer, in one awesome event. Great weather (104 isn't that bad for Arizona), great beer, knowledgeable folks pouring the beer, great people enjoying the beer, live music, great food, reasonable lines to get beer (no long waits), cigars, lots of cleavage (one advantage to the 104 degree temps!), shade trees, green grass, smells, sounds, and sites that are just wonderful. Here, take a look at some of the sites the Ameri-can Canned Beer festival had to offer this year.....





 
 
 
Some of the stand out brews I had that day (but not all of them), as far as tasting went are this....
 
Come Hell or High Watermelon, 21st Amendment Brewing Company, San Francisco, CA
EOS Hefeweizen, Nebraska Brewing Company, Papillion, NE
Brown Ale, Upslope Brewing Company, Boulder, CO
Snake River Pale Ale, Snake River Brewing Com., Jackson, WY
El Hefe Speaks, DC Brau Brewing Com, Washington, DC
 
 And, of coarse, I had to have a taste of my old favorite, Bells Oberon. Wouldn't be a summer beer festival without an Oberon if you ask me!
 
Again, if you didn't make it this year, make a note to  yourself, and make sure you take this festival in next year. Its a great time. Not a pinky up, snob fest, and not a drunken frat party either. This is a perfect festival for someone that might be new to craft beer, just a casual beer fan, or even the most hard core beer geek, this festival has something for everyone.
 
My hat is off to SanTan Brewing Company to putting on such a great event yet again, and special thanks to Landon, Jen and all the fine folks at HDE Agency for putting this together. You guys really do know how to throw an AWESOME beer festival. Thanks for all you've done!
 As soon as I get a date for next years festival, trust me, I will let you know!! I am already looking forward to it!
 
Until next time
Bottoms up my friends!
 
The Beer Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment